Over 25.000 tasting notes

One of Norway's largest wine tasting note archives, containing more than 25.000 tasting notes. All tasted by one taster, not a panel, so Norway's most consistent archive as well. To find tasting notes? Search; mywinesandmore "wine name" on google, to find all notes from one property.

Saturday 13 October 2012

Small Mouton tasting, 06, 04 and 03


Yes, I know the wines are too young, and should be kept. But when the opportunity comes knocking, who am I to say no. But even at this early stage, the sun doesn't always shine on TV.

2006 Château Mouton Rothschild:
Ruby. Exotic, elegant, complex and layered Mouton with cassis and blueberries and a faint hint of leather. Fresh acidity, ripe tannins. Mouthwatering and refreshing, with lovely balance and velvety texture. Still a bit on the raw side as so many 06's at this stage. Very long. 94+



2004 Château Mouton Rothschild:
Ruby with garnet rim. Cassis and exotic touch with premature notes of banana and figs. Feels too mature and evolved and has little resemblance with my last bottle. Dies of on the palate, short and lacks structure. Had a full provenance history that in this case had no value at all. At eight years this bottle was allready gone. Normally it would need two hours of decanting to open.



2003 Château Mouton Rothschild:
Finally. After this, I only have the vintage 2000 of Mouton left to taste, and I will have tasted every vintage of Mouton made in my lifetime. My first 03 Mouton, and if I had to guess how it should be, I would have landed on the exact behavior of the wine. So Mouton, and so 2003. Deep ruby, rich, lush, exotic and fruity. Layered of vanilla, leather, spices and a wealth of dark berries. Fresh acidity, ripe tannins, savory and superb palate, fresher feel than one could expect from the nose. Marvelous complexity and very nuanced. Incredible length. 97

(By the way, if any of you readers have a bottle of 2000 Mouton and would like to share it with me, I will gladly open any bottle from my cellar that you choose).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.